Last updated: 16 April 2014
Personal information means information about you which is personally identifiable such as your name, address, telephone number or email address.
You agree not to allow anyone under 13 years old to access or use our services from your device.
Who are we?
We are Fen Research Limited. We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office and are registered on the Data Protection Register under registration number ZA050029.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- any personal information you provide to us when you create an account to use some or all of our services;
- any personal information you provide when using our services, for example our messaging facilities;
- details of transactions you carry out via our Websites or games, including any payment or billing information you provide to us when purchasing services via our Websites or games;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- where you agree to an error report being sent to us, any information contained in that error report, for example an error report contains details of the error and other potentially relevant information collected from your device (for example: operating system version, drivers, etc...);
- details of your visits to our Websites and use of our services, the resources you access, and your activity in our games, which may include IP addresses, ISP, clickstream data, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps; and
- details about the device you may use to use our services, which may include the device's unique identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information;
How do we use your personal information?
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- to store and retrieve your game data, so that your preferences, customisations, achievements and progress in our games can be remembered;
- to help us improve our services;
- to help us protect against attacks to our services, and to help us prevent cheating in our games;
- to help us fix problems with our services;
- to ensure that content from our services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide you with information about our services, but we will not send you marketing information if you have asked us not to, (see description of newsletter below);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to send you our newsletter, unless you have asked us not to (for example, by unticking the consent box at the time you provide your email address). You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by following the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each newsletter;
- to process any transactions you make via our services and to monitor, prevent and detect fraud; and
- to combine your personal information we obtain through this website and the services and games we make available via this website, with your personal information we obtain through our other Websites and the services and games we make available via those other Websites, for each of the above purposes.
Will we share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- Service Providers: We contract with service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include service providers who send our newsletter on our behalf. Their access is limited only to the personal information needed to perform the functions carried out on our behalf, and only for the purpose of performing those functions.
- Payment processors: If you make a transaction via our service, we may need to share certain personal information with third party payment processors in order to process your payment.
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to comply with or enforce our terms and conditions at http://www.solstrike.com/terms.html and other agreements we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fen Research Limited, our customers, or others.
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area?
We may ask you to provide a 'game name' when you create an account with us or when you play some of our games. This is the name which will be used to identify you to other users of the game. Your game name will be visible to other users. You should not use your real name, email address, or anything which identifies you in real life, as your game name.
Our messaging facilities may include: private chat, public chat, forums and other ways of communicating with other users of our services.
If you choose to use any messaging facility which we provide, your messages may be visible to other users of our services. By posting messages via messaging facilities, you are consenting to your message and game name being published on our services and you acknowledge and agree that it may be visible to the public. For your safety, do not post any personal information using our messaging facilities, and do not post any information which you do not wish to be shared, seen or used by others. Our messaging facilities may not be encrypted so do not use them to make available any sensitive or private information. Our messaging facilities are intended only for chatting about our games and services. We may store content, information and data sent via our messaging facilities.
Access to and correcting your personal information
To find out more about how your data will be used, or to make a complaint, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this policy.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information we hold about you, you can contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this policy. We may make a charge of £10 for this.
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us using the contact details provided at the end of this policy.
We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information but if not you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if there is a problem - for more information visit http://www.ico.gov.uk.
How to contact us
by email at: [email protected];
or write to us at: Fen Research Limited, St Johns Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS.